Travel by bus can be one of the most economical and convenient ways to travel. If you are lucky you can see some beautiful scenery and meet interesting people. Following the below tips will help you have a nice bus trip:
1. A good way to save a night accommodations is to take a long distance train or bus during the night. Use earplugs and eye shades if you plan on getting any sleep.
2. Wait for a cute guy/girl to show up to check in at the airport or to buy the bus ticket and the stand in line behind that person. If you are lucky you will get the seat next to them 🙂 But realistically we will gladly settle for someone who does not smell, has their body fat pouring into our seat or drools while sleeping…
3. Find out which side of the bus the sun will be and try to get a seat on the opposite side. The worst seats are:
* In the front:
– you can see how terrible the driving is
– the driver may be allowed to smoke even on a non smoking bus
– the seats may have less leg room
* Next to the toilets (usually in the back)
* The last row (may not recline fully)
4. Even though the bus company may claim that there is air conditioning and heating these often turn out to be broken in some countries, prepare for the worst.
5. Bring along a sweater even if it is warm outside, the air con can make things very cold.
6. When traveling by bus you enter cities which sometimes do not have a clear city sign. If you want to know where you are you can try to find out by looking at the bottom of the signs for various shops, they sometimes have the city name written there.