Another great thing about Australia is the many rainforests spread over the six states in Australia. In fact, in Tasmania, more than 40% percent of the state is declared as forest reserves. If you want to something out of the ordinary and the typical shopping and sightseeing vacation holiday, you should try planning a trip to one of the rainforests. Here are a few pointers for planning a vacation holiday to a rainforest.
• Do some research and pick the right place for your vacation holiday. There are many rainforests and national parks all over Australia; you can make your way to the Tasmania or even Queensland where you will find the Daintree National Park. Every rainforest and national park has its own charm and special features.
• Find what kind of accommodation you will be comfortable in and make reservations in advance. You will find self contained cabins embedded in the rainforests, hotels close by and also eco lodges. With the internet, you can do book everything online and also have a glimpse of at the accommodation.
• Make a well planned itinerary of the things you want to do on your trip. And list out the number of things you want to cover. List out all the things you would like to experience, like outdoor activities, sights you want to see and all the other things you would like to do.
• Find out all the travel details and official documents you need if you are travelling to a remote rainforest. You may need a visa or get one on arrival. Make sure you have all the documents you need; have had copies made just in case.
• Make sure you are in good shape to go for a vacation holiday to the rainforest. You have to be fit to go on the different trails and to go hiking. So get into shape and train for your rainforest trip. You may need special vaccines for the trip. Some need to be taken weekly, while some monthly, so you need to plan your trip well in advance.
• Pack well and pack light, especially if you are backpacking through different rainforests and other rugged terrains as well. Pack for cool nights, sudden rains and also make sure you have all the medicine you need for a safe trip. Pack a first aid box; it is extremely important when you’re in the rainforest. Take hot bags and blankets as well.
If you’re looking for a holiday in the rainforest, you should consider Daintree National Park. You can opt for an eco lodge or other eco accommodation. You can visit http://www.daintreewildernesslodge.com.au.