Coffs Harbour in New South Wales, is located 500 kilometres north of Sydney and 400kms south of Brisbane. The region boasts a contrasting landscapes, from fruit and banana plantations in the hills to 3 main beaches close to the CBD of Coffs Harbour. The natural beauty of the region makes for a great backpacking destination with many activities such as surfing, golfing and fishing. 40 km North of Coffs Harbour at Corindi lies one of the largest Blueberry plantations in the Southern Hemisphere, and employs alot of seasonal workers. Coffs Harbour has a regional airport. Airlines operate regular flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle. The drive from Sydney to Coffs Harbour is 6hours, Brisbane to Coffs Harbour is a 5hr drive. Countrylink runs two rail services daily from Sydney and Brisbane to Coffs Harbour. Most bus companies have regular services to Coffs Harbour.
- February to March – lychees
- April to September – macadamia nuts
- June to September – custard apples
- September to December – summerfruit
- October to December – coffee
- October to January – blueberries
- May to October – avocados
Fruit Picking Accommodation:
Aussitel Coffs Harbour Backpackers
312 Harbour Drive,
Coffs Harbour, NSW 2450
Ph: (02) 6651 1871 or 1800 330 335
Aussitel is undoubtedly the best that Coffs has to offer in backpacking. Aussitel is owned and managed by Mark and Teresa, with excellent staff to help you have a great time. It is a friendly, open place that many people have been happy to call home! It is busy, active and vibrant with exceptionally high standards of professional service. We keep up to date with all the latest developments and ensure we can offer you the best quality activities and prices available. Location, location, location. They are perfectly located in the lively jetty area opposite the natural bushland of Coffs Creek, close to beaches, pubs, restaurants, cafes, supermarket, specialty shops and international marina. Clean, comfortable, secure, large open plan kitchen and living area (great comfy couch) and very friendly atmosphere Spacious accommodation single, share or double
- FREE – canoes (explore the wonderful natural bushland of Coffs Creek)
- FREE – boogie boards
- FREE – scuba diving in our pool
- FREE – golf and tennis equipment
- FREE – fishing rods and reels
- FREE – BBQ Large heated swimming pool, BIG BBQ nights, entertainment both day and night, fully equipped kitchen, TV, DVD, pool table, board games, volleyball, darts, laundry facilities, high speed internet with CD copying facilities, Visa and MasterCard accepted, help in finding WORK.
- Let’s Go Guide book’s recommended hostel for the last 5 years
Fruit Picking Coffs Harbour Work they sometimes offer work for accommodation and several full time jobs here at the hostel. They can also organize fruit picking work for you , you can work just for a week or up to 3 months its your choice.