Before you travel overseas there are 10 important things to remember. After you have made all of the arrangements for your vacation or travel to some other country here is a list of what not to forget. This list is important for anyone preparing for a trip as the preparations can sometimes be a harrowing experience, so print out this list and put it on your refrigerator or someplace else conspicuous so you don’t forget anything.
10. Don’t forget your luggage. Take an extra piece of luggage for souvenirs of your trip. I do this by packing all of my luggage a little lighter so that when the trip is over I have an empty suitcase for my new treasures.
9. Pack some common over-the-counter medications such as; aspirin, diarrhea medicine, insect repellant, cold medicine, sunblock lotion, etc. Get a travel first aid kit to take with you. Like a boy scout Always be Prepared.
8. If you take medicine daily, include enough plus some extra in case of travel delays while overseas. Many countries won’t have the medicines you are accustomed to taking.
7. Check whether or not you need any sort of vaccinations for the countries you are going to be visiting, then get them if recommended. Very important for your health.
6. If you have pets make arrangements for them to be cared for while you are gone. We all love our pets, so don’t forget this one.
5. Take some extra cash which you should keep separate from your travelers checks. Enough to tide you over for a day or two, again in case you lose your travelers checks or you are robbed.
4. Make copies of your passport, travelers checks and any other important papers you may be taking with you. Very important in case your original papers are stolen.
3. Get Travel information and any maps you think you might need. In other countries it could be difficult to get the maps and information you might need.
2. Let people in your family or close friends know where you will be and when, leave them an itinerary. Very important in case of an emergency at home or if something happens to you on your trip.
1. Get your Travel Medical Insurance from the links below. Never buy your Travel Insurance from the company you made your travel plans with.
If you follow these simple 10 things to not forget you will have a smoother vacation or trip and thus will much more worry free vacation. You can find out how to get your travel insurance on-line at http://www.globaltravelcoverage.com or contact the agent there using their contact form.
Thank you for your time and I hope you read more of my articles in the future.